Stashing Caps

blastikor

Stashing Caps

Post by blastikor »

I'm wondering how many different containers people are using to store their caps? I originally planned on using an open container like a cardboard box, or something similar to toss a couple thousand caps at a time in. This way I wouldn't have to take them out all at once. Just take what I need. I can't do that though, because under known issue it plainly states not to throw caps on the ground. I assume stashing in an open container(like a cardboard box)is the same thing as tossing caps on the ground.
Before the Nexus fiasco in the post section for this mod. I read several people commenting about using lots of containers to stash caps. I would prefer not to have to use lots of containers if possible. Does anyone have any tips on an efficient way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Greslin
Site Admin

Re: Stashing Caps

Post by Greslin »

The problem is that dropping caps on the ground basically means spawning a new worldspace object for each and every cap you drop. Some are going to get lost, some are going to get inadvertently despawned, and even if none of that happens, you're adding a lot of useless rendering data into the system. You should always store you Stash bottlecaps IN an actual container object, not in a worldspace pile somewhere.

I've played around with implementing some sort of variable cap stash feature, where dropping X number of caps would create a cap stash object that would convert back to value when you pick it up. That feature's not currently in Stash because I haven't yet landed on a good way to do it.
blastikor

Re: Stashing Caps

Post by blastikor »

Thanks for the reply. I am just now getting around to committing on which mods to use from a previous mod test run. I will be building multiple containers to stash caps. Stash Those Caps is the only stash type mod I feel comfortable using with my current mod list. Thank you for the work you do. It is appreciated.